6th September 2016
Our usage of such data as specified in Section 3 may involve interfacing to third party systems, to enhance the databases we use to provide the Service and our Services to others, and for monitoring of performance, statistical analysis and the identification of improvements to the Service.
By using our Services, you agree to grant us a royalty-free, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use these data as set out in these terms. We may share this information with other third parties who assist us in providing the Service. In such circumstances, any data used will be anonymous and will not identify you as the source unless we receive your permission to do so.
1. The information we collect
We only collect personal data relevant to your finance applications via the Service. Such personal data may be given directly by you or by others authorised to act or share such information on your behalf, including:
- data you provide by filling in forms, surveys or making reports via the Service;
- data about your financial position;
- contact details, including your e-mail address, home address and telephone numbers;
- copies of identification evidence for anti-money laundering and anti-fraud purposes;
- records of telephone calls and other communications between you and us;
- data relating to criminal proceedings in which you have been involved;
- checks to establish the creditworthiness of your Business.
To keep your personal information up-to-date, please advise us of any changes by e-mail to email@example.com, and as soon as possible after any change in your name, residential address, telephone number, e-mail address and any other such important details.
2. Disclosure of your information
We will keep your personal data confidential and only disclose it to others for the purposes explained when you register with us or with your consent or permission, and:
- To a credit reference agency to check your identity and to prevent fraud, (it will also keep a record of your request and use it whenever anyone applies to be authenticated in your name);
- To our agents and subcontractors to use for the purpose of operating the Service, including customer support and providing services to us;
- To investigate, prevent or detect fraud or carry out checks against money laundering;
- To organisations providing a centralised application matching service which they collect from and about credit applications, for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud;
- For audit purposes and to meet obligations to any relevant regulatory authority or taxing authority;
- If we sell or buy any business or assets we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer and personal data held by us about our customers will be an asset transferred;
- If we must disclose your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, enforce any agreements to which you are a party; protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our customers, or others (for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, for example).
We will also check your details with a fraud prevention agency/agencies and if you give false or inaccurate information and we identify fraud, this will be recorded and we and other organisations, including law enforcement agencies and debt collection agencies, may access, use and search these records to:
- Help make decisions about credit and credit related services, for you and members of your household;
- Help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims, for you and members of your household;
- Trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud, and to manage your accounts or insurance policies;
- Prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; and
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
If you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal data we hold in one or more of the following ways:
- To update our records;
- To assess your creditworthiness;
- To identify, prevent, detect or tackle fraud, money laundering and other crime;
- To carry out checks required under applicable law, regulation, rules or regulatory guidance;
- To keep you informed about your dealings with us;
- To perform our duties or obligations or exercise our rights under any agreements between you and us or other users of the Service you deal with, such as giving you notices;
- To allow you to interact with the Service;
- To ensure the Service is presented in the most effective way for you and for any of your device(s) from which we support access to the Service;
- To identify, and provide you with, information, products or services that you request;
- To provide you with, information, products or services or which we decide may interest you, including from third-parties so as to enable them to contact you and us about your situation, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- For statistical analysis;
- To develop and improve the Service.
4. Where and how we store your personal data
We currently store personal data in the UK, but you acknowledge and agree that personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, any destination(s) outside the UK including outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of customer support or other services (such as data processing and analysis).
5. Your rights
We will inform you if we intend to use or disclose your personal data to any third party for marketing purposes, and you have the right to ask us not to do so. You can exercise that right by checking the relevant boxes, for example, on forms used to collect your data or by email to email@example.com.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to request and receive access to your personal data that we hold, subject to a fee to meet our costs in responding to your request.
The Service may contain links to and from the websites of other service providers who may have their own privacy policies. Where you follow those links we do not accept any responsibility or liability for how those service providers collect, use and store your personal data. Please check their privacy policies before you submit any personal data directly via those websites or to those third parties.